SSEK‚Äôs Michael Carl to Speak at Webinar on Restructuring & Security Enforcement of Debts
Michael S. Carl, a senior foreign counsel at SSEK Indonesian Legal Consultants, will speak at an upcoming webinar on Restructuring and Security Enforcement of Debts in the commodities sector.
With a severe liquidity crunch affecting the commodities market, lenders and trade counterparts are increasingly concerned over issues relating to trade documentation, payment defaults and how to enforce security or seek recovery of debts.
This collaborative webinar will cover Singapore, Switzerland, China and Indonesia, with experienced lawyers from all four jurisdictions.
Speakers will discuss how business operates during a moratorium and offer practical steps a creditor can take before and during court proceedings. Discussion points will include:
- Pre-Default: Understanding your security documents and verifying BLs
- Pre-Default: Charges vs. Pledges
- Default: Considerations in obtaining payment/ security upon default
- Default: When to consider restructuring
- Recovery: Identifying, tracing and attaching assets
- Restructuring: Dos and Don‚Äôts in a restructuring process
You can register here.
Registration spots are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.
This webinar is organized by BlackStone & Gold, a specialist energy and commodities law firm in Singapore specializing in international trade.