Richard D. Emmerson, a senior foreign legal advisor at SSEK Legal Consultants, will take part in a free Employment Law Alliance webinar on Wednesday, March 11 titled, "What Employers in Asia Need to Know about Protecting Company Rights and Confidential Information."
Employers in Asia are increasingly facing questions of how best to protect confidential information and IP rights when an employee leaves the company. Restrictive covenants sometimes help, but provisions that are not well-drafted may not be enforceable. This webinar, featuring employment lawyers from across Asia, will use a case scenario to offer guidance and practical insight into how employers can address these key issues, specifically:
- How can employers prevent terminated employees from competing with their former company?
- If there is a post-termination non-compete, what remedies are available to the employer?
- What course of action can employers take when faced with a breach of a confidentiality obligation and IP rights?
- What are the myriad considerations if the confidentiality breach involves cross-borders?
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
- Richard Emmerson, SSEK Legal Consultants, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Cynthia Chung, Moderator, Deacons, Hong Kong
- Phillipa Muir, Simpson Grierson, Auckland, New Zealand
- Siva Nadarajah, Shearn Delamore & Co., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Atul Gupta, Trilegal, Bangalore, India
- Sameer Sattar, Sattar and Co., Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Wei Na Sim, Rajah & Tann, Singapore
- John Tuck, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Melbourne, Australia
To register, click here.
Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labor and employment attorneys in the world. ELA members provide employment, labor and immigration expertise in more than 135 countries around the globe and all 50 U.S. states. They work closely together to ensure that their clients' legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. ELA provides a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-state or multinational law firm. For more information about the ELA, please visit: www.employmentlawalliance.com.
SSEK Legal Consultants is the ELA member firm in Indonesia.