SSEK Partner Speaks at Indonesian Mining Legal Conference
SSEK partner Fransiscus Rodyanto (Frans) was a featured speaker at the 3rd Mining Legal Conference, held July 17, 2019, in Jakarta.
The conference brought together legal practitioners and experts from the mining sector to discuss new regulations in the Indonesian mining sector and their potential impact.
Frans discussed Government Regulation No. 1/2019, which requires proceeds from exports of the country\'s natural resources to be parked at home, and provided insight on how to comply with the regulation.
Other conference highlights included:
- Exploring new policies regarding mining tax and fiscal
- Understanding the mandatory divestment of mining companies
- Understanding the renewal of CCoW that will expire starting 2019
- Legal requirement in mining downstream projects
- Update on the much-debated Indonesian mining bill
- Legal perspective of coal domestic market obligation
- Analysis of IDX listing for mineral and coal exploration companies
- Unlocking the potential of coal-fired power projects under PLN\'s new business plan