The Employment Law Alliance is offering a free 90-minute webinar on Thursday, September 17, on Navigating New Legal Developments on Same-Sex Marriage, Transgender Rights, and Pregnancy Discrimination: What Employers Need to Know.
In the past year, gay marriage, transgender individuals, and pregnancy rights were at the forefront of discussion in the U.S. Congress, the Supreme Court, federal agencies, and state and local legislatures. While some consensus has emerged, these politically divisive issues and the patchwork quilt of laws surrounding them continue to present practical and legal challenges for employers all across North America.
What real-world effect will recent Supreme Court decisions on gay marriage and pregnancy discrimination have on your workplace?√Ç¬†What precautions must you take with a transgender employee?√Ç¬† Are the laws the same in every state or in every city?
This webinar brings together legal experts from across the U.S. √¢¬Ä¬ì and one from Canada to provide comparisons between the two countries √¢¬Ä¬ì who will offer insight on:
- The transitioning legal landscape of transgender rights in the workplace
- Practical tips for accommodating transgender employees
- Key issues facing employers regarding same-sex marriage and employment
- The most recent developments in the law regarding pregnancy discrimination √Ç¬†and best practices for the treatment of pregnant workers
Who Should Attend?
This information will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
- Daniel H. Handman, Moderator, Hirschfeld Kraemer, Santa Monica, CA
- Jennifer S. Divine, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn, Seattle, WA
- Michael S. Glassman, Dinsmore & Shohl, Cincinnati, OH
- Ashley S. Kelly, Arnall Golden Gregory, Atlanta, GA
- Erin Kuzz, Sherrard Kuzz, Toronto, Ontario
- Shelby S. Skeabeck, Shawe & Rosenthal, Baltimore, MD
- Parker E. Thoeni, Shawe & Rosenthal, Baltimore, MD
To register, please click√Ç¬†here.
About the ELA
The Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labor and employment attorneys in the world. ELA members provide employment, labor and immigration expertise in more than 135 countries around the globe and all 50 U.S. states.√Ç¬†They work closely together to ensure that their clients√¢¬Ä¬ô legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business.√Ç¬†ELA provides a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-national law firm.
SSEK Legal Consultants is the ELA√¢¬Ä¬ôs member firm for Indonesia. For more information, click here.