Free Employment Law Alliance Webinar on Protecting Trade Secrets and Other Intellectual Property
The Employment Law Alliance is offering a free 90-minute webinar on Tuesday, June 21, 2016, focusing on The Defend Trade Secrets Act: New Rights and Obligations for U.S. Employers.
Protecting trade secrets and other intellectual property is a key issue for employer. However, no US federal law existed to provide a civil remedy for trade secret theft.√Ç¬†That changed on May 11, 2016, when President Obama signed into law the√Ç¬†Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (DTSA). DTSA provides a federal cause of action for trade secret theft. Now, employers may sue former employees or others who misappropriate their trade secrets in federal court or in state court under existing state laws.
During the webinar, experienced lawyers from across the U.S. will offer guidance and insights into the following:
- Overview of the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act
- How the DTSA will impact employers
- Steps employers should consider taking in light of the DTSA
- What the DTSA means for multi-state employers in prosecuting, or defending against, claims of trade secret misappropriation
- Best practices and key take-aways
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
- Susan T. Spradley, Moderator, GrayRobinson, Orlando, FL
- David S. Fortney, Fortney & Scott, Washington, DC
- Steven M. Gutierrez, Holland and Hart, Denver, CO
- Daniel H. Handman, Hirschfeld Kraemer, Santa Monica, CA
- Scott A. Holt, Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, Wilmington, DE
To register, please click√Ç¬†here.
About the Employment Law Alliance
The√Ç¬†Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labor and employment attorneys in the world. ELA members provide employment, labor and immigration expertise in more than 135 countries around the globe and all 50 U.S. states.√Ç¬†They work closely together to ensure that their clients' legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. The ELA provides a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-national law firm.
SSEK Legal Consultants is the ELA's member firm for Indonesia. For more information, click here.